Back in Rochester and God Only Knows Why!


 

Well, I'm back in Rochester.

God alone knows why.

I spent two of the last three months visiting my mother-in-law in Germany.

Anyone who knows her can tell you it wasn't a vacation.

But that isn't the issue here.

While I was there, some friends and new acquaintances were curious about the United States in general and my hometown in particular.

They have been familiar with my less than glowing reports about Rochester and were really surprised about what I had to say about our city.

I encouraged them to Google anything that they really wanted to know about Rochester.

They did and were shocked. They couldn't believe that I would choose to live in such a violent dangerous city, complete with a scandalous mayor, ex police chief and a more incompetent and uncaring than usual city council.

Even more shocking and amusing to them was the violence in our schools, the dangers faced by teachers and students alike from feral urban humanoids there and the terminal assholism exhibited by the superintendent of schools.

America has always been held up as an example of democracy, personal freedom and security for the whole world.

Rochester is supposed to be a wealthy, well run city, the home of Kodak.

My friends and acquaintances were nonplussed by the reality: That Rochester is, per capita, the most deadly dangerous city in America. That our school district is not only the worst in New York State but one of the worst in America. That our child poverty rate is one of the worst in America. That New York State's "Bail Reform Act" turns violent criminals loose without bail before trial, allowing them to commit more crimes for which they will continue to be turned loose and the cycle goes on and on. That the anti-cop attitude of local government frustrates our police force and has led to mass early retirements, leaving us understaffed.

My friends thought I was exaggerating at first. Their own quick research via the internet convinced them that, if anything, I was being less harsh than I should have been in describing what goes on in Rochester.

Most galling of all, they pitied me!

So, what remedial action has there been to combat this violence?

Well, in 1755, after a major earthquake that almost levelled Lisbon, Portugal, a man was hawking anti-earthquake pills.

Here in Rochester in 2021, our city council has instructed the city historian to gather information about city parks and monuments where the people who are commemorated were slaveowners.

Which will do no good whatsoever except to make nice with the domestic terrorists who promote cancel culture.

Our superintendent of schools has chosen not to have the schools policed and refers to the functionally illiterate students they have produced as "scholars."

Clearly that woman doesn't understand the meaning of the word.

But, getting back to the topic at hand: Why am I back here?

Very simply, my home, my husband and my furbabies are here.

That's it.

There is nothing heroic or romantic about staying and watching your hometown die, when it is clear that it is in its terminal phase.

And it is foolish to hope for any serious changes or improvements when progressivism has deluded people into believing democracy is working here in a one-party town, especially when democracy itself is a subjective term unable to be realized in mass societies.

And I, for one, am willing to go, while my husband still wants to give it more chances.

But he is starting to see how dangerous Rochester has become in the five years he's lived here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Deja Vu, Again: Redeveloping High Falls and More Asininity.

The Assassination Attempt on the Once and Future President of the United States of America!

A Long-Awaited Bitch Slap for New York State Governor Kathy Hochul!